Welcome to HAVE FUN WITH ENGLISH

I would like to welcome all students at the EOI Pontevedra to a blog where they will find a lot of information about the school together with a wide range of activities to practise and improve their English. I´m sure most of them will find the activities in the blog both amusing and enjoyable! Hope you learn a lot... and please, let me know if there is anything you want me to include!!

Tuesday 8 March 2022

HAPPY 8M 2022: INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY馃檶馃挭

Last year I took the golden opportunity to participate in an #EscuelasAmigas project about inspiring female figures from Galicia and Navarra that forged the way for future women generations not only in their areas but also across Spain. The project evolved from January to April 2021 and involved C1 English students from EOI Pontevedra and EOI Pamplona. My supportive fellow teacher was @Cristinakata and I also want to take advantage of the occasion to appreciate her work. I feel so grateful! We wouldn't have done it without her and her motivating students! 

During the project, we shared information about these remarkable women and learned why and how their personalities became so influential. Here they are, together with the name of every single student at EOI Pontevedra and Pamplona that made this possible:  



This year I feel honour-bound to commemorate that project as it brought attention to issues just as female cultural achievements, gender equality, and violence and abuse against women. Re-listening to the podcast and re-watching the video we designed then is my particular celebration of womanhood today March 8 2022!

No comments:

Post a Comment