Welcome to HAVE FUN WITH ENGLISH

I would like to welcome all students at the EOI Pontevedra to a blog where they will find a lot of information about the school together with a wide range of activities to practise and improve their English. I´m sure most of them will find the activities in the blog both amusing and enjoyable! Hope you learn a lot... and please, let me know if there is anything you want me to include!!

Wednesday 1 March 2023

RETRIEVAL PRACTICE: HOW TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THE ESL CLASSROOM

Some of you, maybe my most beloved followers, already know that yesterday I took part in a webinar by @linguascope. I was privileged enough to share knowledge and expertise with @CristaHazell and I am still thrilled about the experience. 

I had always been keen on retrieving information in class, even before I knew what it really was and the great benefits it provides both students and teachers with. So, when Crista asked me to join the Linguascope webinars, I did not doubt it. I knew retrieval practice would be my thing! I have read a lot about the issue, also implemented a lot of strategies in class, being and the big three (Brain Dump - Cops and Robbers and the Elimination chain) my favourite ones, of course!

If you are interested, you can watch the webinar through the Linguascope app and also have a sneak peek at my presentation below.


retrieval_practice_linguascope by Paula Gómez Cernadas

Thanks a lot to Crista, again, for making the webinar possible and to Diana Pastoriza for considering that I deserved the credit! Just let me know if you are interested in getting more information about the contents of the webinar and I will be glad to share!


No comments:

Post a Comment