Welcome to HAVE FUN WITH ENGLISH

I would like to welcome all students at the EOI Pontevedra to a blog where they will find a lot of information about the school together with a wide range of activities to practise and improve their English. I´m sure most of them will find the activities in the blog both amusing and enjoyable! Hope you learn a lot... and please, let me know if there is anything you want me to include!!

Sunday 9 January 2022

LET'S TURN OVER A NEW LEAF!

2022 has arrived and tomorrow we are kicking off a new term full of unexpectedness and, of course, restrictions. This pandemic does not seem to come to an end and teachers need to go on pulling up their socks to reinvent themselves for their first January lessons. Motivation is key! So, let us uncover some!

As usual at this time of the year, I have been cudgeling my brain to figure out how to welcome students as we arrive in class tomorrow morning. I have even been scanning previous posts looking for a flash of sheer inspiration. And I have been lucky enough to bump into it! I am going to re-use the activity here to re-think the classic new year´s resolutions idea and build it around the concept of language learning in a more realistic and manageable way. 

Hopefully, my students will be able to put together different ways that can help them progress in their learning over the next twelve months. Although it looks like a long time... time does fly! So, let's get ready to give the new year our best shot!

And just in case the video above does not do the trick, I will definitely put the cherry on top by playing a game on idioms that might come in handy to ring in the new year. 

Happy 2022, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment